If you have any technical questions, please contact the Submittable Support team at submittable.com/contact.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation continues to make the Jewish overnight camp experience more affordable through its 2024 Overnight Camp Scholarships. Preference will be given to those families whose children are attending overnight camp for the first time, attend public school, or have special needs. In keeping with our primary goal of helping those with the greatest need, Federation awards scholarships strictly on a case-by-case basis.
All applications for the 2024 Jewish Overnight Summer Camp Scholarships are held in strict confidence.
To be considered for a camp scholarship, your completed application must be received by the deadline on January 31, 2024.
Camper Eligibility Criteria:
- For ages 8 – 17
- Camper must be a Miami-Dade County resident
- Completed online application
- Camper must demonstrate financial need, 2022 Income Tax Return (Form 1040) is required
- Camp acceptance letter or invoice is required
Camp Eligibility Criteria:
- Funding assistance is available for Jewish overnight camps listed on the Foundation for Jewish Camp website AND located in the United States
- Financial assistance is limited to one session only
IMPORTANT: In addition to your completed application, a copy of your 2022 income tax return and a camp acceptance letter are required for your application to be considered. You will be asked to upload these documents at the end of this application.
All applications will be reviewed after the final submission deadline of January 31. Award recipients are notified via email.
- Complete a separate application for each child
- All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required. Be sure to complete all of these fields, otherwise the system will not allow you to submit your application.
- You may save your draft and return to the application at a later time by clicking SAVE DRAFT at the bottom of the application.
- Once completed, click APPLY.
At the end of the application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this confirmation it means your application was not submitted successfully. You will need to re-submit until you receive the confirmation.
- Foundation for Jewish Camp Scholarship Directory
- Contact the camp administrator to inquire about any financial assistance
- Contact your Rabbi or Synagogue
- Interest free loans are available through the Hebrew Free Loan Association - call 305-692-7555 or visit https://jewishmiami.org/hfla/ to learn more
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Applicant must be a Miami-Dade County resident or a college student between the ages of 15 and 26 currently attending a Miami-Dade County school.
2. The Application for Scholarship must be received by Federation prior to actual participation in the program.
1. Completed Application
2. Letter from applicant explaining any unusual circumstances
3. Copy of tax statements
4. Proof of acceptance into an approved program
1. Educational in nature
2. At least 21 days in Israel; exception: college level programs
How the Process works:
1. The applicant must submit
Most recent tax return
Acceptance letter from an approved program
2. Applicant’s information is submitted to the scholarship committee for deliberation
3. Applicant is notified of decision in writing
4. Funds awarded are processed and sent directly to the appropriate programs
5. Post trip follow-up/community service
Deadline Extended through Friday, September 22, 2023 by 4:00 pm
If you have any questions, please contact Dahlia Bendavid at 786.866.8445 or email@example.com For technical questions, please contact the Submittable Support team at submittable.com/contact.
The Women’s Impact Initiative provides grants from the Greater Miami Jewish Federation/UJA Annual Campaign to non-profit organizations that inspire and empower self-identifying Jewish women and girls in Miami, as well as improve our local community through programs that achieve social, economic, religious and political equality. Eligible applicants include nonprofits with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status (or fiscal sponsorship) that serve the Jewish community in Miami-Dade County. While we will give preference to strengthening Jewish nonprofits and programs based in Greater Miami, we also encourage partnerships with those outside the Jewish community to bring high-quality programs to our community. Nonprofits that have current Federation grants must be in compliance with the terms of those awards to be considered.
Only one application per organization will be accepted.
Our funding priorities include mental health and entrepreneurship. While we will accept proposals covering other areas, priority will be given to programs in these two areas. Grants will range from $5,000 to $15,000 and will be competitively awarded to support new programs or the expansion of existing programs advancing the mission of Federation’s Women’s Impact Initiative. Projects that will be considered for grants must serve a majority Jewish population. The gender lens used must consist of a deep examination of how culturally entrenched gender norms affect women and girls and must take these distinctions into account when identifying both problems and solutions. The aim is to ensure that our local Jewish community is “gender aware” and that outcomes achieve social, economic, religious and political equality by being inclusive of and responsive to the needs and issues of Jewish women and girls.